After ushering Dan out the door to ComicCon and a mad scramble to get all the chores done that we ignored on Friday, I kept true to my promise to use our free zoo passes and then head to the beach at Lake Evergreen/ Comalara Park. It's the last weekend before school starts and all our previous attempts were postponed due to the horrid heat of July. We arrived home a half hour before a quick summer hail storm blew through. Now I am looking forward cuddling up with the girls to reading a few chapters of "The Secret Zoo" before bed.
- Dan cheering me up in the morning and getting to spend a few minutes with him. It's amazing how he can turn my mood around when I am feeling frustrated and overwhelmed.
- Kids doing their newly assigned chores (even though they did whine a lot).
- Leif petting the chicken at the zoo...just too cute.
- Sophia thanking me for taking them to the zoo completely unprompted!!
- Sophia's sand castle...more like the river Nile after she added various grasses found near the lake.
- Watching Leif dance.
- Sophia thanking me for taking them to the beach, again, unprompted.